We at PJS Corporate Support, Inc. (“CSI”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy by collecting and processing your personal information and sensitive personal information in accordance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations (“Data Privacy Laws”), including the Philippine Data Privacy Act of 2012 (“DPA”) and its implementing rules and regulations (“DPA IRR”).
This Privacy Notice sets out the manner by which CSI collects and processes your personal data.
This Privacy Notice was last updated in June 2018. We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changing legal requirements or our processing practices. Any such changes will be posted on this website and will be effective upon posting.
The personal information we collect and process
The personal information we collect and process may include:
- name, address, email address and telephone and mobile numbers;
- marital status, age, birthdate;
- political affiliations;
- details of any offenses committed or alleged to have been committed by any such person, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings; and
- government issued identification number and details, such as social security numbers, tax identification numbers, and passport details; and
- other personal information provided to us in connection with services we provide.
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal data directly from you or your organization when you or your organization:
- seek advice, enter into retainer engagement with us, or otherwise enter into agreement with us to avail of our services;
- seek employment from us or become employed by us;
- access, browse, visit, use, or contact us through our website and other online or social media platform;
- offer or provide services to us as a supplier; or
- e-mail us or provide such personal information to us in other circumstances, such as when you request details about or attend a sponsored event.
In some cases, we may collect data about you from a third party source, such as from public records.
Purpose and manner of using personal information
Any personal information we collect are manually and/or electronically used, stored, recorded, or otherwise processed exclusively for purposes of:
- rendering services to you or your organization as clients;
- conveying information or regulatory updates relevant to you and/or your business;
- managing our business relationship with you and/or your organization, including processing payments, accounting, auditing, billing and collection and related support services;
- acting in compliance with our obligations, including with respect to anti-money laundering and sanctions checks;
- managing and securing the access to our offices, systems and online platforms;
- complying with court orders and other legal and regulatory requirements; and
- any other purpose related to the foregoing or for any purpose for which you provided your personal information to CSI.
We do not share your personal information, except if necessary to the services we provide or when you specifically consent to the transfer or sharing of your personal information. Where we share or transfer your personal information, we will do this in accordance with applicable Data Privacy Laws and will take appropriate safeguards to ensure its integrity and protection.
We will delete your personal data when it is no longer reasonably required for the above purpose or you withdraw your consent (where applicable), provided that we are not legally required or otherwise permitted to continue to hold such data. We may retain your personal data for an additional period to the extent we deem it necessary to assert or defend legal claims during any relevant retention period.
How we secure and protect personal information
We take the necessary and appropriate organizational, physical and technical security measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data.
We also limit access to your personal information to the lawyers and staff assigned to your matter or those personnel who require such data in the performance of their functions.
Rights as Data Subjects
As data subjects, you have the following rights over your personal information:
- Right to Be Informed – you have the right to be informed whether your personal data shall be, are being, or have been processed, including whether automated decision-making and profiling will be involved in the processing.
- Right to Object – you can object to processing of your personal data, including processing for direct marketing, automated processing, or profiling.
- Right to Access – you have the right to reasonable access to the following, upon demand:
- contents of your personal data that was processed;
- sources from which personal data was obtained;
- names and addresses of recipients of the personal data;
- manner by which such data was processed;
- reasons for the disclosure of the personal data to recipients, if any;
- information on automated processes where your personal data will, or is likely to, be made as the sole basis for any decision that significantly affects or will affect you;
- date when your personal data was last accessed and modified; and
- the designation, name or identity, and address of the personal information controller.
- Right to Rectification – you have the right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in your personal data, unless the request is vexatious or otherwise unreasonable
- Right to Erasure or Blocking – you have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal information from our filing system, under the circumstances allowed under Data Privacy Laws.
- Right to Damages – you have the right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your personal data.
- Right to Portability – you have the right to obtain a copy of such your personal data in an electronic or structured format, which is commonly used and allows for your further use, in case your personal data was processed through electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format
For any requests, concerns, or notices relating to exercising your rights as indicated above may be sent in writing to the following: